Travels With Myself

A Personalized Periodic Update, just for my family and friends, of the Ongoing Adventures of Your Favorite World Traveler

Name:
Location: Budapest, Hungary

After nearly 30 years in the financial industry in the US (mostly California and New Mexico), I decided it was time for my second life. I sold my house, sold my car, sold all my furniture, took a TEFL course and moved to Budapest to teach Business English to the business people of Hungary. Amazing mid-life change! I taught for about eight years, then pretty much retired. Since then I have traveled extensively, and have been to nearly 75 countries. I have had six books published, mostly about my travels - see my author's page on amazon.com. I have made friends all over the world. Becoming an expat is the best move I ever made and I plan to continue my travels indefinitely. Come join me on this blog and enjoy the places I've been and the people I've met in the past and present and hopefully will meet in the future.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

(Dateline Budapest, March 22, 2006) -- Okay, former Lukatch Newsletter recipients, I've decided to go modern and up-to-date with a Blog. Blog! Who thought up that name? Where did it come from? What does it mean? Who really cares? From now on - say, as of April 1, 2006 - The Lukatch Newsletter will be discontinued and I will post all of my updated adventures, information, and other cool stuff here on my very own Blog. I will send out one final Newsletter edition by March 31, after which you can (apparently) sign in here and read all about my adventures, mistakes, Bacchanalian revelries (and they are still legion!), travels, and other good and fun things happening in my life. We shall see how it works.

The last Newsletter was just sent (early March 2006), so everyone should be caught up with my news, mainly: New book published and available on amazon.com and authorhouse.com; more birthdays for Morgan, Samantha and Tony; recent Bucharest trip; attack of the Chip Butties; upcoming travel plans. Not much new since then, unless you count karaoke night at the Canadian Embassy and an abortive trip to Slovakia. BUT -- the adventures continue, and there will be more goodies posted as they occur, or as I find time to write them.

So don't despair, faithful readers, you haven't lost a Newsletter, you've gained a BLOG!

Gary

BTW -- I must have read the Blog address wrong. To access my Blog directly, all you need to do is type in: http://teachrman/blogspot.com. Sorry for the errors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home